How to Add Coinsurance Details to a Patient Chart
Coinsurance % is the percentage of costs that a patient pays for healthcare service expenses. When a patient has a coinsurance, it means that he or she is financially responsible for a set percentage of the contracted rate.
Adding a patient's coinsurance information to his or her account/chart will allow you to readily create invoices and claims directly from your zHealth account. The software will pull the stored coinsurance information from the patient's file to help automate this process for you. After an invoice is created for an appointment, the patient responsibility will be reflected in the Patient Balance field. This allows you to collect the patient's portion of the bill before the claim is processed.
Note: After you've added a patient to your account, you can manage all of their information by clicking Contact Details in the Patient Profile.
1. Enter the first or last name of the patient in the Search box on the top of the navigation bar on the zHealthEHR dashboard. Click Enter.
2. Click on the desired patient name. The Patient’s Profile will open.
3. By default, you will be at the Summary section of the patient profile.
Click on the third tab - Contact Details.
4. Browse through the menu on the left side of the Contact Details tab. Click on the sixth option 'Primary Insurance.'
5. On the right side of the Primary Insurance section, you will find Patient Copay. Enter the Coinsurance percentage in the box provided and click the radio button in front of Percentage (%) as shown here.
6. If the patient has coinsurances for secondary and tertiary insurances, follow Step #5 after you click Secondary Insurance or Tertiary Insurance from the left menu as shown here.
Patient Chart Overview
The Patient Chart displays a summary of recently recorded visits, diagnosis, supplements recommended, past notes, contact details, insurance details, invoices, and much more. The Patient Chart also provides access to all the areas necessary for ...
How to Add Credit Card to Patient's Contact Details
Securely save and manage patient'c credit card information in zHealth to easily collect copays and outstanding balances. Practices using zHealthPay can process credit card payments through zHealth Payment Terminal. New patients can also add credits ...
How to Add Patient and Insurance Credit to the Patient Chart
When a patient pays more or in advance or the insurance company makes an overpayment for any claim, zHealth automatically transfers the extra amount paid by the patient and the insurance company to the Credit section. A provider or biller can use the ...
How to Add a Follow-up Task to a Patient Chart
Sometimes, providers need to add a follow-up task to a patient chart. You can do that easily in zHealth. The follow-up task appears inside the patient chart or access the small flag button on the Home Page to view all follow-up tasks. Here's a quick ...
How to Add or Edit Patient's Contact Details
Completing the patient's contact details is important because if you want to auto-populate all details in the HCFA form. This makes the claim generation process easier as every time you submit a claim for a given patient, the primary insurance ...