How to Generate and Send Monthly Statements
Monthly Statements are a valuable tool for clinics and providers to be able to see what you’re billing your patients at a glance, as well as the payments they’ve already made to you, all condensed into a single report. A billing statement also allows you to remind your patients about any outstanding payments and their due date and help you and the patient keep a comprehensive record of their account activity.
A. How to Generate Monthly Statement
1. Access your zHealth Dashboard. Hover the cursor over your name on the top right corner. Click on "Billing Center".
2. On the Billing Center page, click on the "Monthly Statements" button available on the right side of the screen. A pop-up window will open.
3. On the Monthly Statements pop-up window, select start date and end date. Click "Generate".
4. The Monthly Statement generated for a given period contains the following information:
a. Click the checkbox to select all patients on the first page of the Billing page when you want to send the monthly statement to all of them at once
b. Name of the patient
c. Email address of the patient
d. Available Credit in the patient's account
e. Last Bill Sent Date
f. Patient Responsibility
g. Balance due amount
h. Email All - Click this button when you want to send the statement to all patients on the first page.
i. Click Preview to view the Statement of each patient.
j. Click the "Email" icon to send the statement to the individual patient
k. Click the "Print" icon to print the statement of an individual patient
B. How to Send the Monthly Statement to a Patient through Email
1. Once you generate a monthly statement for all patients in your clinic, click the "Email" icon to send the statement to a specific patient as shown here. You can even click the "Print" icon to print the billing statement of that patient to print it and give it to the patient.
Note: Please enter the email address of the patient in the Email box if there is no email address shown in the box.
C. How to Send the Monthly Statement to All Patients through Email
1. Once you generate a monthly statement for all patients in your clinic, click to select the checkbox as shown here. By default, 10 patients on the first page will be selected at once.
2. Click "Email All" to send the Monthly Statement to 10 patients at once.
Generating and Sharing Patient Statements
Patient Statements can be handy when you want to run a report showing multiple visits together or share the billing statement with the patient to show amounts owed or paid. You can print or email statements with just the patient’s info, the patient ...
Navigating the Billing Center in zHealth
Users can view all patients' billing and claim details in the Billing Center. This area provides tracking and insight into the statuses of claims submitted to insurance payers. Users can post ERA or EOB payments, download EDI, generate claims, submit ...
Download EDI 837 File
You can download and save an EDI 837 (ANSI X12 837P/I) file for electronically submitted claims. EDI files can be used with third-party analytical applications and reporting. 1. On the top right corner of the zHealthEHR application window, you will ...
Posting Payment When an EOB/ERA is Split (not all CPTs on one claim)
zHealth has been designed to post payments for a full ERA (not some CPTs on one ERA and others on another). zHealth is looking to accommodate for this workflow in the future. Sometimes, insurance companies split the claim into 2, 3, or more ERAs ...
Printing or Emailing Invoice to the Patient
You can print or email an invoice any time after a patient has been billed. Here is how to print or email an invoice to the patient. 1. Enter the first or last name of a patient in the Search box at the top of the navigation bar on the zHealthEHR ...