If you’d like to standardize your charting or, better yet, reduce the overall time you spend creating notes, using Save Templates in our SOAP Note section is the way to go.
Templates are used to save information about similar patients so you don't have to fill out the SOAP from scratch. You could fill out the common Objective/Assessment/Exam/Plan components in a SOAP note, enter a name for the template, and click "Save Template". This way you could use the saved template for a similar patient coming in for the same diagnosis and modify from there. You can have unlimited saved templates.
These saved templates will be available across all facilities in an organization. So when you switch facilities, you can still access the saved templates. Check out this help guide to know how to save a template, use your saved templates when charting for a patient visit, and manage templates in zHealth.
A. How to Save a SOAP Template
Let's see how you can quickly save templates when you're charting for a patient.
1. To save a Chart Template, you should be on a Patient Chart > SOAP Note tab.
2. Once you're done charting for one component such as Exam part - Click "Save Template". This will save the
3. Enter a name for the template. Ex - Back Pain Exam. Click "OK".
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for the other components, including Plan, Daily Notes, etc. of the SOAP Note section to save separate templates for individual components.
B. How to Use Saved Templates
Here is how you can use a saved template when you're charting for another patient with the same diagnosis.
1. Once another patient is checked-in manually by your staff or the patient self checks-in using a kiosk, a note is created for the appointment. Click on the patient's name. The Patient Chart page opens.
2. On the Summary tab in the Patient Chart page, click on the Edit button in front of the note created for the current day appointment. The SOAP Note page opens.
3. Once you'e on the SOAP note section, you can start using saved template for each SOAP component.
Click "Select Template". From the drop-down, select one of your saved template.
4. Once you select a template, a pop-up window opens with a message - "The entered information will be replaced by the template. Are you sure you want to continue?" Click "Yes" only if you've not entered any information in the note.
Similarly, if you've saved templates for other SOAP components, you can repeat Steps 3 and 4 to use a saved template and speed up your charting.
C. How to Manage Templates
Managing templates in zHealth means deleting SOAP templates that you don't require anymore. Here's how to do it:
1. Click on any patient name to open the Patient's Chart page. Click on the SOAP Note tab. On the SOAP note tab, click "Manage Template". A pop-up window opens.
2. On the Manage Template window, click to select a template that you want to delete from the drop-down menu.
3. Once you've selected a template, click "Delete". You will receive a notification saying "SOAP note template has been deleted".