Put simply, appointment types are the names of the appointments that your patients or your staff can book. Typically practices have at least two appointment types: New Patients: 30 minutes and Existing patients: 15 minutes.
In case you have multiple providers and offer multiple services at your practice, you can map certain appointments to appear only for certain providers.
1. Setting Appointment Types in Your Facility - Video Tutorial
2. Setting Appointment Types in Your Facility - Step-by-Step Instructions
A. How to Add an Appointment Type to Your Facility
1. Access your zHealth dashboard. Hover the cursor over to your name on the top right corner. A drop-down menu will open.
2. Click on the third option - Update Info - from the drop-down menu.
3. On the Update Info window, click on the first tab - Facility. Browse through the options on the left side of the screen and click on the second option - Appointment Type.
4. To add appointment types for your facility, click on the button 'Add Appointment Type'. A pop-up window will open.
5. Fill in the following details to add an Appointment Type:
AppointmentDuration like 15-min, 30-min, etc.
*AppointmentCode, such as PT for Physical Therapy
From the dropdown list, select the PatientType.
From the dropdown, select ServiceCategory.
Enter the description for the AppointmentType.
Click on the color box to select the color for this appointment type. Color coding your appointment types will help you easily remember the types of appointments.
Click ‘Save’ to save the appointment type details.
*Note: Appointment Type Code is limited to 11 characters and no spaces are allowed. The system will show an error message in case something is wrong with your Appointment Code.
6. All your Facility Appointment Types appear under Facility > Appointment Types. When you add a new Appointment Type to your facility, it will show the following details: a. Appointment Name b. Appointment Code c. Appointment Duration d. AppointmentFee e. PatientType f. Color set for the Appointment Type g and h. The Edit column. Click the "Edit" icon to edit a specific Appointment Type. i. Drag the "FourArrow" icon to move your appointment type up or down.
j. Telehealth Appointments have video (or telehealth identification) icon in front of them.
B. Mapping Appointment Types to the Provider
1. Now you need to map appointment types to the providers in your facility in order to enable patients to book a specific appointment with a given provider. Go to the second tab - Provider. Click on it.
On the left side of the page, click on 'Business Hours.'
2. On the right side of the Business Hours page, there is a green colored button - Add Appointment Option. Click on it. A pop-up window will open.
3. Fill in the following details to map appointment types to the provider: a. Select Appointment Name from the dropdown list. b. Enter the fee for the appointment type. c. Enter Appointment Duration like 30 min, 60 min, etc. d. Enter Appointment Code like 'M' for Massage Therapy e. From the dropdown, select Patient Type.
f. Select ServiceCategory from the drop-down menu.
g. Enter Appointment Type Description (optional)
h. Select Display color (optional) but recommended.
i. Enter the Online Slot Duration - This is the duration between two appointment start times for online booking.
j. Click 'Save'.
4. Appointment Types are now mapped to a given provider.
You might be wondering what you should be doing to get zHealthEHR configured for you. The first step to get your zHealth account up and running is to add your facility information. There are 4 basic steps that are required to add the facility ...
Patients are often busy and sometimes important things can fall off the radar—like remembering an upcoming appointment. That’s why zHealth lets you send your patients automatic email and text message (SMS) reminders before each appointment. You can ...
In the Manage Room* Settings, you have the ability to incorporate exam rooms into your practice management workflow. You can also easily add, edit or delete exam rooms as needed. Once a room has been added, it can be assigned to a patient from the ...
When a new patient books an appointment with your practice, they need to complete the patient intake paperwork and sign the consent forms. zHealth provides you with three consent forms in the system. Note: Automated sending of intake and consent ...
At zHealthEHR, we recently made some changes to the User Interface (UI) of the Online Appointment Portal. The new user interface is designed to enhance your patients' experience by streamlining the layout and the booking process. The new Online ...