Additional Identifications: Under Additional Identifications, there are six boxes.
- BCBS Michigan Submitter ID: If you know the provider’s BCBS submitter ID, enter it in this field. If you don’t, call the EDI Help Desk of BCBS at 1-800-542-0945 or email us to get a submitter ID and instructions.
- Prompt Submitter ID: If you know the prompt submitter ID, fill it in this field. Prompt submitter ID is a unique number identifying electronic submitters of claims. You must request a Submitter ID if you will be submitting electronic claims.
- Provider UPIN Number: Enter the Unique Physician Identification Number (UPIN) specific to the provider.
- Provider Commercial Number: Enter the commercial number for the provider. Generally, it is G2. Note this commercial number will be sent on the HCFA form every time a claim is submitted.
- Location Number: Enter the location number for the provider in this field. Generally, it is LU.
- State Industrial Accident Provider Number: Enter the State Industrial Accident Provider Number in this field. Generally, it is X5.
- Legacy ID: You can add Legacy ID for Medicaid. Click "Add" to add Legacy IDs. Legacy ID is the identification number assigned to the Medicaid service providers. The purpose is to identify service providers on Medicaid claims.