How to Send Intake Forms to a Patient
zHealth sends intake forms to new patients automatically if your clinic has taken the Advanced Package. Our software emails the intake forms to new patients based on the following two conditions:
1. If the appointment that is booked is designated as a "New Patient" (this is set when creating an appointment type)
2. The patient doesn't already have a SOAP note.
Manually emailing intakes to a patient is an option at anytime.
To remove the automation of intakes, and send intakes manually instead, please follow these steps.
1. First, you need to change "Patient Type" in Appointment Types. From your zHealth dashboard, hover the cursor over your name on the top right corner. Click on "Update Info".
Go to the Facility Tab. Click on Appointment Types from the left side menu. You may have created an Appointment as "New Patient". Search the New Patient appointment type from the list. Then, click on the "Edit" icon as shown in the screenshot here.
Please note that changing Patient Type from "New Patient" to "Established Patient" may affect your "New Patient Reporting".
2. A pop-up window will open. Change the "Patient Type" from New Patient to Established Patient. Click "Update."
3. If you've more appointment types that have "Patient Type" as New Patient (N), then change all appointment types to "Established Patients" as explained in the Step 2.
4. Now, you can go ahead and book an appointment for the new patient. (Please note the patient may also book an appointment online if you're using zHealth's Online Appointment Portal.) To book an appointment for a new patient through the Calendar/Scheduler, click on the available appointment slot.
Note: All white spaces indicate appointment slots are available. All grey spaces indicate slots are blocked.
5. The Available Appointment pop-up window will open. Confirm the date and time. Then, click the radio button for "New Patient."
6. Enter the following details to book an appointment for the new patient:
a. Enter the first and last name of the patient.
b. Select Patient Type from the drop-down.
c. Select Gender.
d. Enter phone number.
e. Enter email address.
f. Select date of birth.
g. Select the physician from the drop-down.
h. Select the appointment option from the dropdown.
i. Click 'Confirm and Add Details.'
The new patient is now booked for an appointment in your calendar for a given date and time. You will be redirected to the Calendar.
7. Click on the patient name from the Calendar to view the patient chart. In the Patient Chart, click on the option - "Intake".
8. On the Intake tab, you will see all intake options on the left side of the screen.
To send the intake forms to the patient, click on "Send All Forms to Patient" on the right side of the screen.
1. A patient, who has received the intake link, will be asked to create an account in the patient portal (or login if an account is already created) to fill out their intakes. If any intakes are not started or completed online, the forms will be waiting for them to complete during the front desk check-in at the office's kiosk. You'll be able to see if/when intakes were sent to any patient by checking the patient's communication audit trail.
2. The same username and password is to be used for both the patient portal and the clinic's online appointment portal.
3. zHealth can turn off the capability of emailing intakes as well. Please reach out to your CSS or support team at 1-800-459-0302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How New Patients Can Complete Their Intake Forms
When our software sends intake forms to a patient, the patient receives an email with a link to complete the intake paperwork online. The webform is responsive that allows the patient to fill out the intake forms on a computer or on their smartphones ...
Access Patient Portal
Providers or practices can access the zHealth Patient Portal only when they opt for the online appointment booking feature of zHealth. The Patient Portal can be used by new patients to fill their intake forms from the comfort of their homes or at the ...
Helping Patients Login to Patient Portal or Appointment Booking Portal
Your patients will need to set up a username and password to access their Patient Portal and also when they want to book appointments through our New Appointment Portal. A. Patient Portal Access Through Email zHealth's Login and Intake Form ...